Friday, April 9, 2010

A topsy-turvy maroon wedding cake!

Maroon themed.
This is my first trial to make a topsy-turvy cake. The three tier wedding cake were made from rich dark chocolate moist cake recipe. I baked altogether nine of two inches tall cakes, that is three layers of cake each tier.

...wedding cake with figurines on top

I made the figurines myself with sugar paste or ready-to-roll fondant mixed with CMC powder. At first, I thought it would be hard to make it but I think it was rather easy compared to making figurines with the people mould that I once tried in a course. Especially in trying to put the clothes on them.

...the side view!
 The picture above was taken at my home in Kerteh, Terengganu, before we deliver it to the customer in Bachang, Melaka. Yes, the cake traveled a very long journey! I'm not going to tell you the whole story on how the journey was but I'll say it was very, extremely slow drive I ever drove before on a highway! Just imagine all the bumps and the potholes on the Malaysian roads that I had to go through! Ahaks!

...artis at work!
 Luckily for me my in-laws house is in Melaka. So I made the last minute work and touch-up on the cake there before I deliver it to the wedding.

safely delivered... at the location of event!
Overall, it was an awesome experience for me. I love making wedding cakes. It just makes my life sweeter! Thank you very much to Zetty and Mahathir for ordering this cake for the bride and groom from me! Don't worry Zetty, when your turn comes, I'll definitely make a jaw dropping wedding cake for you. Hahaha!

1 comment:


Related Posts with Thumbnails
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers