Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Garfield & Friends Cuppies


I made these a few months back. I could not remember exactly when. Anyway, I would like to thank Kak TJ for ordering it from me. It was for her daughter's birthday. I remembered that it was short-noticed, so I only had about one day to make the cuppies before pick-up time.



The cuppies were mixes of vanilla cupcakes and chocolate cupcakes. Before designing the cartoon faces, I brushed a layer of apricot glaze on the cupcakes. Then I covered them with poured fondant for a smooth surface. The details were made from rolled fondant and edible ink.

I did not sleep the whole night because I was too excited and I was afraid I would not finish it in time if otherwise. Anyway, it was really great and really fun making those Garfield faces and his friends. Mostly, I got the inspiration from Bakerella. Thanks Bakerella for your great posts!

1 comment:

  1. foooyooooo... best giler cuo cake ni... kalo sy dapat...mmg tak mkn dah.. buat frame je hehe

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts with Thumbnails
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers